Here’s a round-up of some of my favorite Valentines… is it shameful that 90% of them are D&D?
It was painful to keep it so short
here have two more pages
BLESS BLESS BLESS THIS POST THIS IS PERF BLESS THIS
REBLOGGING FOR THRANDUIL FABULOUSNESS YES YES
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that’s some great shit here read it
EVERYONE SHUT THE FUCK UP AND READ THIS RIGHT NOW MAN
- DWARVES FUCKED SHIT UP WHEN THRANDUIL WAS YOUNG(er)
- DRAGONS FUCKED SHIT UP WHEN THRANDUIL WAS YOUNG(ish)
- HE STILL HELPS THE DWARVES
- he still helps the dwarves
- he marched an entire army over to help the dwarves
- but when he saw it was a DRAGON he COULDN’T help because there was no hope of slaying Smaug without risking his people’s lives so he made a WISE AND KINGLY decision and retreated
- HE’S THE ONLY ELF LORD LEFT STANDING WITHOUT A RING OF POWER (Elrond and Galadriel have the elvish rings of power, Thranduil does not)
- Thranduil has no more character flaws than Thorin has and if you like Thorin, there is really no justification for you to think Thrandy’s a dick (c’mon I adore Thorin and will fight tooth and nail for my love of him but he’s gone done more serious dickery than Thranduil and we all know it)
- People talk about Thrandy’s greed but he COMMISSIONED those white jewels to be shaped and the dwarves WITHHELD them from him it’s like if you pay for a drawing and then the artist shows you the drawing and then laughs in your face and takes your money like no that’s not cool man (the dwarves consider everything they make to be theirs, and even if they usually honor commissions, Thror took that mindset one step further by not giving Thranduil the jewels at all. Remember that Thror was gold mad because of the ring of power so it’s more likely he did wrong before Thranduil ever did)
- DON’T TRUST THE DWARVES OF EREBOR AND THEIR OPINIONS ON THE ELVES. Not because dwarves are untrustworthy, but because Thorin might have gotten a lot of his bias from Thror—who, if you remember, was gold mad (because of his dwarven ring of power which Thorin has now, oh no) and would probably say all sorts of BS about the elves before admitting he was wrong. And Thorin, much nobler than his grandfather, would probably be too stubborn to say a word against his kin before believing Thranduil to be a terrible person. SO JUST AS LIKELY THORIN’S BIAS MAKES THRANDUIL SEEM CRUELER THAN HE ACTUALLY IS.
- Yes, Thranduil is proud. Maybe even a bit arrogant. But he’s fab as fuck, c’mon, it’s not that hard to imagine he’s prone to being a bit of a diva. That doesn’t make him a bad guy. Kinda makes him cooler, tbh.
Some Non-Disney Couples! (Sorry if your favorites are not included)
Someone give me the names to all of these PLEASE
From Left to Right.
Thumbelina, Cats Don’t Dance, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, The Thief and the Cobbler, Anastasia, Corpse Bride, Rock-a-doodle, Rio, The Croods, Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas, Shrek, An American Tail, Titan AE, The Pebble and the Penguin, Quest for Camelot, The Last Unicorn, The Prince of Egypt, Spirit: Stallion of Cimarron, The Swan Princess, Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland, The Road to El Dorado, Balto, The Princess and the Goblin, We’re Back! A Dinosaur’s Story, The Iron Giant, Ferngully: The Last Rainforest, All Dogs Go to Heaven 2, An American Tail: Fievel Goes West.
“I’m sorry, but every time you say your character is in disguise, I picture you wearing those stupid disguise glasses with the nose.”
"Always do what you’re best at…"
Nightmare of Eden - season 17 - 1979
by J. R. R. Tolkien